History of Troop 25
The hairstyles may change have changed, but the lessons taught to Troop 25 Scouts last a lifetime.
Troop 25 has entered its second century! Founded in 1916 and still based at Center Congregational Church in Manchester, we are going strong. Since 1948 the Troop has had just three Scoutmasters offering our organization the continuity necessary to build an impressive program. All three came through the Troop as boys themselves. Harry Maidment served as Scoutmaster from 1948-1988 followed by his son Paul from 1988-2014, and Mark Milewski from 2014 to the present.
Over the last one hundred years, Troop 25 has held its two-week summer camp at three locations – Camp Pioneer in Winsted, CT, Lake of Isles in North Stonington, CT, and for nearly fifty years at Camp Kirkham in Lempster, NH. Camp Kirkham is our own property located on Dodge Pond, built and maintained by us.
Since 1916 more than 430 Scouts have attained the rank of Eagle Scout, Scouting’s highest award. Many others completed the full seven-year program. Troop 25 Scouts have performed thousands of community service hours in the Manchester area. The Troop’s large volunteer staff is composed of former Troop members as well as several parents who stayed on even after their sons had graduated out.
Ready to learn more?
If you are interested in learning more about Boy Scout Troop 25, click the button below to complete an inquiry form.