A scouting program over 100 years in the making
Since 1916, Troop 25 has been giving boys the chance to learn valuable skills and develop friendships which will follow them for the rest of their lives. Our program builds character and instills values. During their experience, scouts learn the values of citizenship, cooperation, courage, faith, health and fitness, honesty, perseverance, positive attitude, resourcefulness, respect, and responsibility. Scouts develop life-long friendships while learning real life skills.
The largest, most active troop in Manchester
- We currently have more than 60 Boy Scouts and 50 active adult leaders and a very generous and loyal alumni base.
- Over 400 Scouts from Troop 25 have earned the rank of Eagle Scout.
- Troop 25 has it’s own camp, Camp Kirkham, located southern New Hampshire. Scouts spend two weeks at summer camp in August.
- Scouts have the opportunity to become American Red Cross First Aid certified and ARC Lifeguard certified.
- A structured program, scouts that complete the full seven year program have the opportunity to spend a week in Bermuda.
- Fifth-year scouts hike a 55-mile section of the Appalachian Trail in New Hampshire. To prepare, scouts participate in weekend practice hikes on the AT in Connecticut.
- Sixth-year scouts canoe a 110-mile section of the Connecticut River.
- Senior Scouts take a ski trip to Mount Sunapee each winter, and participate in a bike trip in October to Block Island, Martha’s Vineyard, Long Island, or Cape Cod.
- Continuity of leadership and an active staff provide an age-appropriate program for boys and young men that stresses the character building, leadership and outdoor adventure program of the Boy Scouts of America. We take great pride in our ongoing leadership training.
- Since 1948, the troop has had only three Scoutmasters.
- Scoutmaster Mark Milewski summited Mt. Everest in 2016. Troop staff members are mountaineers, Appalachian Trail thru-hikers, water safety instructors, EMTs, SCUBA divers, hunters, archers, fishermen, Outward Bound graduates. Our Scouts learn to appreciate the outdoors and learn best practices.
- We have a very active and varied program including the Senior Scout program for high school age scouts.